If you are a frequent user of TikTok, you might have come across the word ‘gyatt’ in some videos or comments. But what does gyatt mean and how do you use it? In this article, we will explain the meaning and origin of this viral slang term, as well as how to use it on TikTok like a pro.
Gyatt is a slang term that can be used to express various emotions, such as excitement, approval, or disbelief. It is derived from the Jamaican Patois word gyat, which means ‘goat’ or ‘greatest of all time’.
However, on TikTok, gyatt is not necessarily related to goats or greatness. It is more of a general exclamation that can be used in different situations.
For example, you can use gyatt to react to a funny or impressive video, such as:
- “That dance move was sick! Gyatt!”
- “She really ate that cake in one bite? Gyatt!”
- “He just proposed to her on live? Gyatt!”
You can also use ‘gyatt’ to express your feelings or opinions, such as:
- “I just passed my exam! Gyatt!”
- “This song is a bop! Gyatt!”
- “I don’t care what anyone says, pineapple belongs on pizza. Gyatt!”
As you can see, gyatt is a versatile and fun word that can spice up your TikTok comments and videos. But where did it come from and how did it become so popular? Read on to find out more about the history and culture behind this TikTok slang term.
The origin of gyatt can be traced back to the Jamaican Patois word gyat, which means ‘goat’ or ‘greatest of all time’. According to Urban Dictionary, gyat is a term of admiration or respect that is often used in Jamaican music and culture. For example, you might hear someone say ‘Bob Marley is a gyat’ or ‘Usain Bolt is a gyat’. However, gyat is not limited to Jamaican culture. It has also been adopted by British slang, especially in London, where it is pronounced as gyatt or gyet. In British slang, gyatt can also mean ‘good’ or ‘cool’, as in ‘That film was gyatt’ or ‘Your outfit is gyatt’. Additionally, gyatt can also be used as an interjection to express surprise or shock, as in ‘Gyatt! Did you see that?’ or ‘Gyatt! That was close’. These are some of the possible influences that led to the popularity of gyatt on TikTok.
The popularity of gyatt on TikTok can also be attributed to the influence of internet memes and viral videos. One of the earliest examples of gyatt being used on TikTok was in a video by @jessicaa.roseee, who posted a clip of herself saying gyatt in a British accent while wearing a goat mask. The video, which was posted in July 2020, has over 2.7 million views and 400,000 likes. Since then, many other TikTokers have followed suit and created their videos using gyatt in various ways. Some of the most popular videos include @itsjessicabish’s video of her saying gyatt to her dog, @joshuaa_lee’s video of him saying gyatt to his mom, and @lilhuddy’s video of him saying gyatt to his fans. These videos have helped spread the word gyatt to millions of TikTok users around the world.
Now that you know the meaning and origin of gyatt, you might be wondering how to use it on TikTok like a pro. Here are some tips and best practices to help you out:
- When to use it: You can use gyatt whenever you want to express excitement, approval, or disbelief. You can use it to react to other people’s videos or to express your feelings or opinions. You can also use it as a caption or a hashtag for your videos.
- How to pronounce it: There is no definitive way to pronounce gyatt, but the most common way is to say it like ‘get’ or ‘jet’. You can also say it like gat or yat, depending on your accent or preference. The key is to say it with enthusiasm and confidence.
- How to avoid offending anyone: While gyatt is a fun and harmless word, you should be careful not to use it disrespectfully or inappropriately. You should avoid using it to mock or insult someone or something. You should also avoid using it in a context that might be insensitive or offensive to someone’s culture or religion. For example, you should not say gyatt to a video of someone praying or performing a ritual. You should also respect the original meaning and usage of gyat in Jamaican Patois and British slang, and not misuse or misrepresent it.
In conclusion, gyatt is a slang term that can be used to express various emotions, such as excitement, approval, or disbelief. It is derived from the Jamaican Patois word gyat, which means ‘goat’ or ‘greatest of all time’. It has also been influenced by British slang and internet memes.
Gyatt is a popular and versatile word that can spice up your TikTok comments and videos. However, you should also be aware of the history and culture behind it, and use it in a respectful and appropriate way.
We hope this article has helped you understand the meaning and usage of gyatt on TikTok. Now go ahead and try it out for yourself. And don’t forget to share your own examples of using gyatt on TikTok with us in the comments below. Gyatt!
If you enjoyed this article, you may also like to read other similar articles: